|The "Show Off Your NHRA Nitro Gene" Sweepstakes |
Come to Vote… Register to WIN!
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The "I Got the Nitro Genes" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by The National Hot Rod Association, 2035 Financial Way, Glendora, CA 91741 (""Sponsor").
- ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to U.S. citizens and current legal resident aliens of the U.S., the District of Columbia and U.S. military bases abroad. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law (“Entrants”). Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Former or current employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, the National Hot Rod Association (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”), or any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, franchisee, lessee, licensee, service agency, independent contractor or prize supplier or the promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members and those living in their household, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. Sweepstakes begins on May 10, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on September 9, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct seventeen (17) weekly drawings (“Drawings”) of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, except for the entry or entries selected in a previous Drawing. Qualified entries not selected in a Drawing will roll over to the next Drawing. There is no need to enter more than once.
- May 14, 2012
- May 21, 2012
- June 4, 2012
- June 11, 2012
- June 18, 2012
- June 25, 2012
- July 2, 2012
- July 9, 2012
- July 16, 2012
- July 23, 2012
- July 30, 2012
- August 6, 2012
- August 13, 2012
- August 20, 2012
- August 27, 2012
- September 3, 2012
- September 10, 2012
- HOW TO ENTER. Online entries only. Only one (1) entry per natural person. To enter, please access the Sponsor’s page on Facebook located at www.facebook.com/nhra, and then click on the “Like” button (if you have previously ‘liked” the Sponsor’s Facebook Page, you will not be required to repeat this action for entry). If a Facebook permissions box opens, you must click “yes” to allow the application to access your information described on the box. A separate form page will appear where you will be required to input certain information including your first and last name, a valid mailing address, phone number and email address. Submit your entry form according to the instructions on the screen to complete your entry in the Sweepstakes. You will not be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes by only clicking on the “Like” button. The order of these steps may vary.
Entries must be received no later than September 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST as determined by the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Entrants must provide valid information and all information requested to be eligible to win. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, unreadable, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Persons discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Sweepstakes Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. Each qualified entry received during the Sweepstakes Period and that has not otherwise been already selected in a prior Drawing will be entered into a random drawing for prizes, according to the dates provided. On each of the Drawing dates, one (1) Entrant will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Date (“Selected Entrant”) for the Prizes outlined below.
The Selected Entrants will be notified by phone, email and/or mail in Sponsor’s discretion. All Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within three (3) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Each Selected Entrant may be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, Selected Entrants must allow Sponsor to use their name and photograph for advertising, press and promotional purposes. The Selected Entrants’ names may be published on Sponsor’s web sites in the form of a first and last name and hometown. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within fifteen (15) days from the date of notification. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will receive the Prize by email, U.S. mail or courier (such as Fedex or UPS) depending on Selected Entrant’s choice of Prize, within Sponsor’s sole discretion, within approximately fifteen (15) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Release from the Selected Entrant (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). Prizes shall only be mailed in the United States. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
- PRIZE. If eligible under these Official Rules, each Selected Entrant will receive one of the following prizes:
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Selected Entrant may be selected. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants.
Limit one (1) prize per person. Only 10 pair of tickets available. Tickets will be given out to the first 10 entry rounds. The final 7 winners will receive t-shirts.
- A pair of tickets to the race of their choice. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100; or
- An NHRA T-shirt. ARV: $15.
- ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- CONDITIONS. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release Sweepstakes Entities together with their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releasees reserve the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of Selected Entrant as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the Estimated Retail Value of any awarded prize. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Entities to use said Selected Entrant’s name, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation.
- OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules will be available at www.nhra.net/email/blast_files/tw/FacebookRules/NitroGen-FB-Sweepstakes.html or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The National Hot Rod Association, 2035 Financial Way, Glendora, CA 91741 (WA, VT residents need not affix postage).
- WINNERS' LIST. For a copy of the winners’ list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The National Hot Rod Association, 2035 Financial Way, Glendora, CA 91741. Lists of Selected Entrants will be sent once all Selected Entrants have been verified and prizes have been awarded. All requests must be received by September 9, 2012 (WA, VT residents need not affix postage).
Copyright © The National Hot Rod Association 2012. All rights reserved.